Customer Help Advisor – Exeter – Permanent
Join BT as a Help Advisor and provide unrivalled support and service to our customers by offering swift solutions to all their queries.
An unbeatable contact centre role
Superfast fibre broadband. BT mobile. TV and HD sports. Here at BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day, and we’re always innovating new ways to transform lives. We’re looking for passionate customer service people to help us keep putting our customers first. So join us as a member of our tightknit Contact Centre team and you’ll make sure they stay connected, and are making the most of our amazing products and services.
Be valued. Be vital.
Our Customer Help Advisors work hard to ensure customer issues are resolved swiftly and with incredible service. From checking account queries to solving service problems, they help customers understand the self-serve capabilities we have available whilst always providing the right solution to make them happy. Our advisors’ tasks vary – from pre-empting customer calls so that we can fix the issue behind the scenes, to addressing specific cases where resolution hasn’t been achieved before. Whatever the issue however, our Customer Help Advisors are BT ambassadors, providing unrivalled support and information to our customers.
Be supportive. Be personal.
To be a brilliant Customer Help Advisor, you’ll need to have:
- A professional telephone manner
- A genuine passion for customer service
- Capable troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening skills and natural empathy
- The ability to take ownership of an issue, and the initiative to see it through to resolution
- The drive to stay up-to-date with our products and services
- Understanding and patience
- Strong communication skills, with a natural flair for conversation
- Effective time management
- An openness to feedback and confidence working with others.
Be part of something special.
Join us and not only will you have the rewarding challenge of helping our customers each and every day, you’ll also enjoy a permanent position at a well-established company and can look forward to the following perks:
- A generous starting salary of £20,976 OTE for first 9 months, rising to £23,074 OTE. (Base pay – £18,878 & £2,098 Bonus rising to £20,976 & £2,098 Bonus after 9 mths.)
- 22 days’ paid annual leave (increasing incrementally to 30 days over 18 years)
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Share save scheme
- Free BT Broadband, half price BT TV and 30% off BT Mobile. Discounts apply whilst employment continues. A compatible line required for BT Broadband and BT TV, otherwise £30 connection charge may apply
You will also receive top-notch training and support throughout your time at BT. There is lots of opportunity to develop a long and rewarding career with us, and we’re committed to helping you achieve this.
Typical opening hours are from 8am to 10pm Monday to Sunday. You’ll be required to cover a variety of shifts between these hours, including some evenings and weekends. We will ask for your preference and match as closely as we can, with options such as nine day fortnights for full-timers, and three/four day weeks for part-timers. Everyone is required to commit to some evening and weekend work, and during training you’ll be required full-time.
Job Reference: BTEXETER001A
Salary: £20,976 OTE
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Perm
Job Start Date: ASAP